This course of 3 days will take you from having no knowledge of kiting, through the understanding of all the necessary principles you need to know to become a kite surfer!
It will take place at Agrigento’s beach of San Leone or alternatively in the further point of Torre di Gaffe.
|location_cityPick up||At your accommodation|
|person_pin_circleStart||Agrigento San Leone Beach or Torre di Gaffe|
|beenhereArrival||Back at your accommodation|
|timerDuration||Approx 3 days|
This experience is done with our certified and professional kite surf instructor.
See as locals:
Includes all equipment and wetsuit hire. This course will introduce you to the world of kitesurfing. You’ll enjoy the Intro Lesson and two further private lessons that will teach you on how to be well on your way to becoming an independent kiter.
This course is the perfect choice to start kiting and escape accidents that usually can occur when trying this sport in an unprofessional way.
This is course last for three days and is the perfect choice for the week end.
Location: Agrigento’s beach (San Leone) or alternatively Torre di Gaffe
- Day one: Intro Lesson 2.5 hours
- Day Two: Lesson One – 2.5 hours
- Day three: Lesson Two – 2.5 hours
Day One – Intro Lesson 2.5 hours
- How to read the weather and choose a spot correctly
- Identifying hazards, both on water and on land
- Rules of kiting, and kiting etiquette
- Theory of the wind window and how it relates to kiting
- Rigging a kite and the various components
- How the three safety systems work on a kite and what to do in the event of a problem
- How to launch and land a kite for someone else
- How to pilot a kite and perform simple flying exercises in and out of the water
Day Two – Lesson One – 2.5 hours
- Rigging and safety systems recap from previous lesson
- Assisted launching and landing on the beach, focusing on safety and control
- Re-launching a kite from the water, unassisted
- Controlling the kite with one hand
- Body dragging upwind
- Perform a self-rescue and deep water packdown
Day Three – Lesson Three – 2.5 hours
- Recap from previous lessons
- Students will setup kite, supervised but unassisted by their instructor, then proceed to launch the kite
- Recap and practice upwind body dragging
- Water-start theory
- Water-start practice without the board
- Upwind body dragging with the board
- Students will then practice their first water-starts with the board
Everyone’s progression will be different and at no point will students be asked to perform anything beyond their abilities. The lesson plans below are rough guides and will be affected by weather and student progression. You can always expect to leave the beach with a huge smile on your face, itching to get back out on the water and feel the power of the kite!
- Transfer from your accommodation to “Start Point” and from “End Point” to your accommodation (Only within Agrigento District ZIP code: 92100)
- Top of the range equipment, accessories and safety gear.
- Other costs not offered in this program
- Sunglasses, sunscreen
- Camera or gopro (to capture your amazing moments)
- Small bag or backpack to carry your belongings
- Sport wind coat
- Change dry clothes (not mandatory)
- Beachwear and bathers
Pick up Times
- Will be agreed via e-mail directly with our crew or alternatively over phone
- Please note the course it will take around a 7-8 hours in 3 days.
- How many people will participate on our tour? Our local experienced crew will only take maximum two people to ensure you have an unforgettable experience. Minimum number of 1 person.
- Can I leave my backpack, suitcase, bag or surfboard with you during the time I am on your tour? Yes. We can store your backpack, suitcase, bag or surfboard at our premises for free for the time you participate on our tour. Please let us know at the time of your booking whether you want to use this service to arrange the details. However, you will have to pick up your items immediately after finishing the tour.
- What if my accommodation is not within Agrigento’s district (out of ZIP code 92100)? Before booking the experience send us an inquiry trough the dedicated button “Send Inquiry” inside the concerned section indicating which will be the address where you want us to pick you up. We will be pleased to send you a dedicated quote with relevant link to conclude the purchasing.
- Alternatively just reach by yourself a specific address within the district and indicate it in the dedicated area you’ll find in the booking form, we will pick you up and drop off there.
- Once we receive your inquiry we check the availability for the data you have asked for and we sent you a confirmation mail through which you can proceed with the booking and conclude the payment process.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher.