The tour explores the Mandrarossa vineyard where a wide variety of grapes have found here the ideal conditions to grow and developed a distinctive personality. You will taste different wines and eat tipycal sicilian dishes in a unique, pristine area, overlooking a strip of land facing Africa, in the southern part of Sicily.
Menfi – Mandrarossa – Vineyard tour
|location_cityPick up||On request|
|person_pin_circleMeeting point||Agrigento Rail Station|
|pan_toolFirst Stop||Menfi – Cantine Settesoli Welcome Point|
|pan_toolSecond Stop||Mandrarossa House|
|beenhereArrival||At your Accommodation|
|timerDuration||Approx 10 hours|
|terrainVegetation on the trail||Mediterranean|
|account_balancePOI on the trail||Seafront, vineyard, olive trees|
This excursion is operated only twice a year, 26th and 27th of August, and is a special occasion you cannot miss… Join us!
Our staff will accompany you during the journey by van or bus and assist you in case of special requirements.
See as locals.
This one-day tour will take you to discover the natural beauty and landscape of Menfi. A bus will take you in the morning in Agrigento and accompany you at the gates of a walk along the vineyards and country houses of Mandrarossa: here, in full freedom, you will admire the rural landscape of Menfi rediscovering the flavors and aromas of the past while tastings fine wines and delicious dishes.
What’s the plan of the day?
First: let’s harvest!
Since the first light of dawn the farmer of Menfis harvest the grapes. Their vineyards are small family jewels, kept with love and dedication. Join the harvest and listen to the winemakers stories to know the types of grapes, the rites and rural customs. The air is cool and smells of the must, the tractors swarm through the fields in a joyful atmosphere. According to the tradition, after the harvest there will be the deserved rest in the shade of the rows, accompanied by a good glass of wine produced in the same vineyard.
Second step: let’s taste!
The recipes of Country Kitchen are the protagonists of the tables where be present at the preparation of dishes prepared by the Brigade Kitchen Mandrarossa’s Ladies. Seven tables are dedicated to different raw materials: the Tour of the Garden, the Banco del Pane, the Tour of Sarde, Banco Cheese, Banco della Pasta, the School of Sweets, the Tour of Fruit. Other tables are focus on pasta and desserts.
Finally: let’s relax surrounded by nature!
There is a lovely beach of smooth white pebbles behind a pine forest . An enchanted and uncontaminated place to relax watching the African coast.
In Pineta Molinari you can enjoy the nature and the sea in complete relax, sipping a chilled glass of wine.
- Transfer from Agrigento to P.O.I and from P.O.I to Agrigento (Only within Agrigento District ZIP code: 92100)
- Typical Sicilian lunch with fresh farmer’s food
- Customized wine glass + wine bag
- 10% discount if you buy 6 bottles of wine within Settesoli shop
- Oblò staff
- Other costs not offered in this program
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and swimmers (not mandatory)
- Water bottle
- Camera (to capture your amazing moments)
- Small bag or backpack to carry your belongings
- Wear comfortable clothes and covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine).
- Pick up Times
- Please note the excursion is around 10 hours.
- How many people will participate on our tour? This event is open to public, the transfer will be operated with a tourism coach up to 60 passengers. Exact numbers of partecipants will vary according to bookings.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher